Saturday 4 July 2009

A useful comment regarding depression from Dr. Palin

I really get encouraged when I get comments on what I post here and I want to flag up a recent comment by Mr Palin who writes:
"It is not true that the old men and women are more susceptible to depression than their younger counterparts and it must be mentioned that an individual is said to suffer from depression when he exhibits symptoms, namely, hopelessness, chronic tiredness, appetite loss, loneliness, sadness et al for one week or more. Therefore, it is important for you to get hold of right information on depression related details before starting to treat your depression."

Remember in an earlier posting I mentioned that anxiety, phobic disorders are a very close cousin of depression and that is perfectly normal - basically you have a reason to be depressed on account of your life situation. I support Mr Palin's word of caution that it is very important to get qualified information on your depression.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the fact that you posted this, rather than just commenting back.

    ReplyDelete