Tuesday 30 June 2009

Examples of social phobia in children

I would love your comments on these thoughts - are you aware of symptoms of social phobia and anxiety disorders in children. Often I believed that the term "shyness" is used by experts to say that this could be the genesis of social phobia. I am not so convinced about this. I think also that shyness ia soemthing all children go through as some stage. There seems, however, as far as I can see little empirical evidence which links childhood shyness with social phobia or anxiety attacks. It if were the case that it would be evident that there is no proof of chemical imbalance in the brain causing the disorder and one could then maintain that it is socially acquired through one's personal development. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment