Monday 1 June 2009

My dislocated blog on phobic disorders

I have just been looking over the posting since I started and it all seems a bit dislocated and unstructured. That's because I sit and think about the subject and something I find important hits me about the issue and off I run to my laptop. Anyway I hope to get round to learning to make categories of the postings to make future navigation easier for you.

The reason I rushed back this time is because it suddenly struck me the pitfalls and traps the phobic individual gets into. Through permanent avoidance of a trigger situation life becomes just that little bit smaller. But this continues until it becomes unbearable narrow and depression then also sets in as a side effect of the personal situation.

I knwo in my own case I would spend hours thinking why is this happening to me, what is happening to me - I spent these hours in the past and not in the present and that is the main point i want to make in this post.

STOP THINKING ABOUT WHY IT IS HAPPENING AND START THINKING WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!

Look forward not backwards - I know, believe me, how difficult that is in your situation but that change of perspective alone will help you amazingly. Plant for the future and not for the past. Why? Because it is the start of a positive path to a cure and not drowning in own's one plight. At the end of the day it is more important to get out of the situation than to understand why you are in it. You will not answer that question in any case and if you think you do, will it help your situation, your phobia or your panic attacks. No it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment